Business Development Manager - MarTech
Genius Sports Media Commercial / London, England, United Kingdom
A bit about us
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organisations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners.
A bit about the Spirable division
Genius Sports have recently acquired Spirable, a leading creative performance platform.
Spirable allows brands, agencies and rights holders to create, automate and optimize highly personalized content. The at-scale offering uses live and contextual data and AI to distribute content across the major digital media channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Snapchat. The SaaS platform is highly complementary to Genius’ existing media and advertising products, expanding the Company’s ability to deliver fans contextually relevant and personalized content.
The combination of Genius Sports’ official sports data, extensive network, and operational scale with Spirable’s highly innovative video platform will result in deeper engagement, higher performance, and lower cost of acquisition for partners.
Spirable’s customers will broaden Genius’ extensive global brand network, adding household names such as Spotify, Coca-Cola, P&G, Domino’s, Diageo and Heineken. In addition, Spirable has established links with the sports and gaming sector, providing its services to businesses including DraftKings, Flutter, WynnBET, Betway, 888 Holdings, and Entain.
Spirable is seeking a proven, results-driven Sales Professional who is passionate about technology, relationships and driving growth. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering growth in the EMEA market, developing new and existing business opportunities with some of the world’s biggest brands. The position is full-time and based in the UK.
- Establish strategic and tactical territory plans aligned with marketing to identify, qualify, and capture new sales opportunities across the Americas region.
- Network and leverage client partners within key publisher partners such as Facebook, Google, SNAP and Twitter.
- Develop and manage a robust sales pipeline to exceed sales targets.
- Manage the overall sales process and provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
- Correctly identify, record and leverage key stakeholders in the buying group.
- Build C-level and senior management relationships to help penetrate large organisations to develop video marketing solutions.
- A consultative sell; listening to the challenges and objectives of key stakeholders and providing value.
- Work seamlessly between sales channels and business functions to continue revenue growth.
- 3+ years of sales experience, digital or ad tech industry is a plus.
- Passionate mind sight and drive for success.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and negotiate at different levels to obtain C-Suite buy in.
- High level of communication skills and excellent pitching qualities with an instinct when the value message is received.
- Excellent team player qualities.
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally.
- Ability to build relationships offering a consultative sale to clients and partners.
- Proven track record of reaching and exceeding sales revenue goals.
- Strong analytical and strategic planning background.
- Digital Marketing Industry knowledge and strong personal network.
- BA/BS degree is a bonus.
- Familiarity with the SaaS sales process.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are currently using virtual hiring processes in some locations, so that we can continue hiring great people whilst being mindful of the health of everyone involved in the recruitment process. Please therefore be aware that, among other things, interviews may take place by phone or video, and some new hires may need to be onboarded remotely (e.g. where access to office space is currently restricted). Our Talent Acquisition team will be able to advise of arrangements in relation to specific roles, so please reach out to them with any questions.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)