Showmax increases FIFA World Cup ad recall by 11%
South African streaming platform Showmax teamed up with Meta and Genius Sports to promote its FIFA World Cup broadcast coverage to football fans across Facebook and Instagram.
The MultiChoice-owned brand wanted to drive subscriptions and awareness by serving dynamic, contextual video ads that used live sports data to engage regional audiences before, during, and after the matches.
- Drive more Showmax Pro subscriptions in South Africa at the FIFA World Cup
- Increase awareness of Showmax Pro FIFA World Cup coverage
- Create dynamic video ads to target football fans across Facebook and Insta
Using our Genius Creative solution, Showmax automated the creation of video content at scale, using live sports data to dynamically update each creative with match schedules, kick-off countdowns and live scores.
Depending on who was playing, the ads automatically updated to features different teams, flags, match times, and messaging. The creative auto-updated during the games to reflect big in-match moments like goals and the full-time result.
The ads were shown across Facebook and Instagram feeds, stories, reels, and in-stream video, targeted at football fans aged 18 and over in South Africa.
Showmax surpassed its World Cup campaign targets, achieving:
- 11% lift in overall standard ad recall
- 2.1% lift in overall intent
- 1.6% lift in overall recommendation
- 4,600+ incremental website lead conversions
“The dynamic creative meant we reached consumers at scale, created significant uplift in brand and product recall, and reached new heights in subscriber growth.”
Axel Schiefer , Manager: Paid & Owned Digital Media, Showmax