Software Engineering / Remote - Romania
A bit about us
Do you want to join one of the world’s fastest growing sports technology companies?
Genius Sports is at the epicentre of the global network connecting sports, brands and fans through official live data. Our mission is simple. We champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and ambitious people to join our talented team.
If you see yourself becoming part of a global family building the future of sports entertainment together, then come and grow with us.
We put trust in our people to deliver the difference for our clients around the world. It’s why many of the world’s largest leagues & federations such as the NFL, English Premier League, FIBA and NCAA choose to work with Genius Sports.
WHAT WILL YOU BE WORKING ON?
The goal of our Advanced Risk team is to challenge conventional wisdom about risk management for sports betting operators. Using new measures of liability that take account of correlations between different markets on an event, and by monitoring betting patterns from the moment an event is opened for betting, we apply margins asymmetrically in a way that helps operators to make higher profit margins, reduce volatility and improve customer experience with greater uptime and fewer rejected bets.
Our software enables a level of flexibility and closer control, closer reminiscent of the earlier days of sports betting, before increased events and required automation removed that possibility.
HOW WILL YOU WORK?
Join a specially formed, highly skilled team delivering an innovative & intelligent product! Forming part of a multi-disciplinary agile team of Software Engineers, DevSecOps Engineers, Data Scientists, QA Engineer and a Product Owner, you will look to work closely to the fundamental principles of continuous delivery and empowered, high-performing teams.
If you are looking to work on a smart solution, collaborate with astute engineers and deliver high caliber code with an autonomous & performance focused approach that supports success, delivery & quality, then this is for you.
As a DevSecOps Engineer you and your team will build highly distributed, real-time, dynamically scaling systems using modern CI/CD pipelines & cloud infrastructure. You will be responsible for innovating, architecting, delivering & maintaining an industry-revolutionising product.
You will be an experienced practitioner, with a detailed understanding of infrastructure-as-code, operating systems, cloud-infrastructure management, observability and other industry best-practices, particularly around continuous delivery.
We will lean on your technical expertise and your pragmatic approach to problem solving; working in a team that prioritises the principles of Agile delivery and continuous improvement. You will have a Data-driven, evidence-based mentality, comfortable with the principles of continuous experimentation and validation.
You will be responsible for securing cloud-hosted systems and ensuring security checks are made on new code entering production environments, as well as advocating for the maintenance and development of the observability stack for production services. Additionally, you will place a close focus on the measurement of productivity signals, such as cycle time and deployment frequency. You will champion the maintenance and evolution of the team's technical documentation (guides, runbooks, RCA / post-mortems, etc.).
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU HAVE?
- You will be familiar with AWS common services with a focus on best practices, across networking, resilience, performance efficiency and security posture management
- You will have strong knowledge of at least one infrastructure-as-code language (e.g. Terraform).
- You will have knowledge of building observable systems. Understanding of the right metrics to capture and the fundamentals of cohesive dashboard design.
- Understanding of continuous delivery principles, including feature-switching, canary releases and CI/CD pipelines.
- You will have an understanding of core security principles and their application in continuous delivery systems and cloud environments
- Working practical knowledge of at least one programming language (C++, C#, Java, JS, Kotlin, Python, PHP, Golang).
- You will have knowledge of container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes or ECS.
- You will be familiar with messaging and asynchronous communication technologies.
IT IS ADVANTAGEOUS FOR YOU TO HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Experience conducting detailed postmortems, hardening systems and deploying fault-tolerant systems at scale
- Knowledge of testing methodology and designing high-quality testing suites resilient to changes in implementation.
- Understanding of the principles of good software design. Awareness of core concepts such as information hiding, abstraction, module design, cohesion and coupling.
- You will have broader software architecture skills and detailed knowledge of architectural patterns and applying them to highly-scalable, fault-tolerant, observable microservices and systems.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM OUR CO-WORKERS
- Curiosity and strong desire to learn and improve.
- Social skills, being able to act as a facilitator, can balance enabling others with individual contributions.
- Time management and asynchronous communication skills relevant for a remote-first engineering organization.
- Enthusiasm and ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Adherence to our core engineering principles of Aligned Autonomy, Psychological Safety and Continuous Improvement.
What’s in it for you?
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on the location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
How we work
We have adapted a forward-thinking ‘Ways of Working’ framework, which sets out (amongst other things) the opportunities for Geniuses to work flexibly, remotely and on working holidays. It affects different teams and locations differently, so please ask for further information in how it would work with this role.
Our employees are empowered to stretch the boundaries of what’s achievable, always reaching further and pushing the edges to see what gives. We collaborate, we innovate, and we celebrate. We will continue to grow as an organisation and continue to invest in our highly talented and diverse team of Geniuses.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, different abilities or disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other applicable status). Please let us know when you apply if you need any assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability.