Accounts Receivable Manager
Finance & Accounting / London, England, United Kingdom
A bit about us
Do you want to join one of the world’s fastest growing sports technology companies?
Genius Sports is at the epicentre of the global network connecting sports, brands and fans through official live data. Our mission is simple. We champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and ambitious people to join our talented team.
If you see yourself becoming part of a global family building the future of sports entertainment together, then come and grow with us.
We put trust in our people to deliver the difference for our clients around the world. It’s why many of the world’s largest leagues & federations such as the NFL, English Premier League, FIBA and NCAA choose to work with Genius Sports.
To ensure smooth running of the Accounts Receivable function & Revenue recognition process across the Group.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports directly to the Group Revenue Controller
- Approval of in advance sportsbook, media, sportstech and video invoices. Ensuring commercials match contract details
- Monthly in arrears billing inclusive of fixed fee overage & revenue share calculations
- Approval of daily programmatic invoices. Ensuring an approved IO is in accompaniment for campaign spend
- Ensure coding of all invoices is accurate and correctly allocated to the period it relates prior to approval
- Maintaining sportsbook, media, sportstech and video revenue schedules
- Monthly preparation of aged debtors and bad debt recommendations to support month end Workday certifications
- Manage AR related deferred and accrued income, for sign off by GRC
- Oversee timely collection of customer payments and monitoring invoicing procedures
- Creation of monthly in arrears EIB upload required for programmatic (media & engagement) revenue recognition
- Deputise for AR staff during times of absence
- Control owner of controls across GSUK, GST and GSMI
- Other Ad hoc work as initiated or required
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Recently qualified in CIMA,ACA,ACCA or equivalent - would consider a strong Part Qualified Accountant
- Commitment to collaboration and communication
- Experience of revenue analysis
- Experience of cashflow management.
- Desire to learn and utilise Workday Financials to the full.
- Building strong working relationships outside and inside of Finance.
- Reporting standardization
- A continuous improvement ethos
- Ideally, experience of a SOX environment
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel and proficient in PowerBI
- Detailed, organised and flexible
What’s in it for you?
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on the location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
How we work
We have adapted a forward-thinking ‘Ways of Working’ framework, which sets out (amongst other things) the opportunities for Geniuses to work flexibly, remotely and on working holidays. It affects different teams and locations differently, so please ask for further information in how it would work with this role.
Our employees are empowered to stretch the boundaries of what’s achievable, always reaching further and pushing the edges to see what gives. We collaborate, we innovate, and we celebrate. We will continue to grow as an organisation and continue to invest in our highly talented and diverse team of Geniuses.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, different abilities or disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other applicable status). Please let us know when you apply if you need any assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability.