Commercial Partnerships Manager - EMEA
Commercial / London, England, United Kingdom
A bit about us
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organisations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners.
Data collection, production, fan engagement and analysis tools that help leagues run their sport, unlock new revenue streams, and protect the integrity of their competitions.
The successful candidate will join the Genius Sports commercial team with a proven track record of consistently achieving challenging targets. They will need to demonstrate an ability to discover and understand client requirements and match Genius Sports’ products and services to those requirements. The successful candidate will be a driven individual who can demonstrate a desire to over achieve. They must have the ability to open doors with new prospects and upsell to existing ones. They need to be an independent self-starter who can deliver results without the need to be tightly managed. They will be required to immerse themselves within the sports rights and betting worlds and to understand all club, league, federation, technological and regulatory developments. They need to have the ability to understand our software/trading products at a high level (please note there is no requirement to have a technical background). Finally, they need to demonstrate an ability to think creatively with regard to commercial arrangements and have excellent numerical, written and presentation skills.
- Drive new revenues from sports leagues, federations and clubs using our wide technology stack including Automated production, data collection, tracking and fan engagement solutions
- Source and close deals with sports leagues, federations and clubs by acquiring their data and streaming rights for betting/ media on an Exclusive basis
- Grow the Genius Sports brand awareness within both mainstream sports and new growth sports opportunities
- Serve as an ambassador for Genius Sports’ ambition to marry sports leagues and federations with world-class technology, services and financial opportunity
- Be able to pitch the Genius Sports’ technology suite for all sports
- Proactively lean in to the Genius Sports’ EMEA commercial team, assisting the Head of Commercial Partnerships and colleagues in meeting and exceeding targets across all areas
- Identify, plan and execute up-sell opportunities against key accounts/sports.
- Provide agreed upon regular progress reports on conversations and deal advancement
- Maintain regular sales data in Salesforce
- Excellent written & spoken English
- SUPERB, PROVEN negotiation & deal closure capabilities
- Demonstrable initiative, hunter mentality, driven by goals
- Ability to communicate at all levels – in particular to present at board level
- Proven networking and relationship building skills, with a strong capacity to influence others
- Strong presentation skills & presence – an ability to represent Genius Sports through public forums and to clearly articulate and comprehend product and business objectives
- Understanding of the sports technical/data & commercialisation space, with the ability to embrace & quickly adapt to new technologies and opportunities
- Understanding of and passion for sports, in particular football, basketball & volleyball
- Ideally has established relationships with sports leagues & federations across EMEA
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities and demands, whilst staying focused to achieve business goals, including revenue
- Ability to understand and interpret technical concepts from a business/commercial perspective
- Research, feasibility evaluation, ROI analysis, stakeholder management and business case development
- A clear priority in providing excellence in customer service
- Significant stakeholder management experience in a complex matrix environment
- Proficiency in an additional European language would be advantageous
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include flexible working (50% of time spent in office), health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)