BT Sport augments broadcasts with tracking data
Personalisation and rich data are pivotal to the future of sports broadcasting.
With fans wanting more control and greater levels of insight than ever before, BT Sport set out to launch a new Matchday Experience tool to transform its coverage of the English Premier League (EPL) .
The major UK broadcaster needed a solution that would be:
- Immersive and informative fan experiences
- Editorially relevant with insights that meet fans’ demands to better understand games
- Ready for the rollout of 5G and suitable for Premier League fans of all ages
As the official tracking provider of the EPL, our Second Spectrum business was selected by BT Sport, alongside other partners, to help launch their ground-breaking Matchday Experience product.
On 40+ BT Sport broadcasts of the EPL, we
- Augmented live video streams with innovative tracking-based insights including player speeds and shot velocity
- Integrated bespoke graphics with live animations, data-driven visualisations and content from other suppliers
- Enabled innovative new features including Manager Mode and Hype Mode to provide a truly immersive experience
Hosted within the award-winning BT Sport App, Matchday Experience is revolutionising the live broadcast experience.
The advanced, personalised viewing system is now a central part of how UK football fans watch their favourite league.