Finance & Accounting / London, England, United Kingdom
A bit about us
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organisations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners.
Data capture, management and analysis tools that help leagues run their sport, unlock new revenue streams, and protect the integrity of their competitions.
Fully automated streaming technology, production and distribution services that help showcase sports to the world.
Everything an operator needs to manager their sportsbook and grow profits – all powered by the finest live sports data available.
- Media and Engagement
We help brands and publishers engage and monetise sports fans with personalised campaigns and content they will love.
Following the listing of the company on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2021, we are seeking a talented individual for the role of Assistant Management Accountant. This role will be key to strengthening the capability of the UK finance team.
- Reports directly to the Senior Management Accountant – UK
- Responsibility for the monthly/year end accounting for the Holding and Dormant companies, including Accruals / Prepayments / Fixed Assets
- Support the Management Accounts team in month end accounts preparation, and support the wider Finance team as necessary
- Monthly Balance sheet reconciliations including but not limited to bank reconciliations
- Perform variance analysis against budget and forecast
- Preparation of the revenue share reports
- Managing day to day transactions
- Post journal entries into Workday Financials
- Inter-company recharging
- Other Ad hoc work as initiated or required
- Part qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Good technical accounting knowledge
- Detail orientated, organised and flexible
- Resilience and a drive for results
- Desire to learn
- Commitment to collaboration and communication
- Building strong working relationships inside and outside of Finance
- A continuous improvement ethos
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include flexible working (50% of time spent in office), health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, and monthly team building events.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)