3D Video Augmentation Engineer
Software Engineering / Remote - United States
The Role: Software Engineer, Video Augmentation
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Augmentation group working on 3D graphical augmentations for live sports video, in close collaboration with colleagues in Content, Design, Artificial Intelligence, Platform and Streaming Operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop 3D graphical augmentations powered by internal and external feeds (computer vision, tracking, metadata, event and semantics feeds)
- Develop video augmentation pipeline, engine
- Build, test, deploy and maintain production systems
- Coordinate and communicate processes with operational staff
- Maintain best practices for software development, including deployment process, documentation and coding standards
- Discuss and distribute knowledge, technical concepts and ideas with any member of our diverse organization
- Languages, frameworks: C++, Lua, Rust
- Infrastructure, tools: AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Pulsar, Grafana
- Version control: Git
What You Need:
- BSc or MSc or equivalent experience with a strong software engineering component
- Experience with one of the languages and technologies in our stack
- Familiarity with math for 3D graphics
What Sets You Apart:
- Experience with 3D engines or gameplay programming
Our Work Environment and What You Will Benefit From:
- Flat hierarchy and collaborative management
- Highly-qualified technical leads and colleagues
- Working on cutting-edge products for major professional sports leagues and teams
- Team-oriented, start-up mindset, innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages growth and provides opportunities to make an impact
As a general approach, we interview for aptitude over specific technologies or languages. Please be prepared to speak to anything listed on your resume or in your portfolio.
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)
A Bit About Us
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organisations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners.
What We Do
Data capture, management and analysis tools that help leagues run their sport, unlock new revenue streams, and protect the integrity of their competitions.
Fully automated streaming technology, production and distribution services that help showcase sports to the world.
Everything a sportsbook operator needs to manage their operation and grow profits – all powered by the finest live sports data available.
- Media & Engagement
We help brands and publishers engage and monetise sports fans with personalised campaigns and content they will love.