Head of Business Development – Programmatic and Media Sales
Genius Sports Media Commercial / Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
Genius Sports Group is one of the world’s largest sports technology companies, specializing in the capture, distribution and commercialization of live data, streams and digital content. We work in partnership with the biggest names in sports, betting and media to power a global ecosystem that benefits every stakeholder. Headquartered in London, we have offices in New York, Medellin, Tallinn, Sofia, Vilnius, Lausanne and Singapore, which are home to over 1,400 of our talented employees.
Genius Sports Media creates the next generation in content and marketing services for sports and gaming brands, powered by the fastest, most reliable data on the planet.
We are the evolution of the past 10 years of customer data analytics, programmatic media buying know-how, and live sports data expertise. We make it simple for advertisers to connect with sports fans by embedding content like real-time statistics, betting odds or video highlights into their creative. By optimising the content and delivery of campaigns around the sporting calendar, the service replaces scattergun marketing with non-intrusive, personalised messaging that captures the emotion of live sport.
Genius Sports Media also provides digital publishers with the tools and content to grow their audiences, drive advertising revenue and take advantage of sports betting content. Our flexible API puts a world of sports data at publishers’ fingertips, tapping into data points from 200,000 events a year across 30 different sports.
As part of the Genius Sports Group, headquartered in London and across 16 locations worldwide, our technology is trusted by the biggest name in sports, betting and gaming, and sports media.
Reporting into the Sales Director for EMEA, APAC and LATAM, the Head of Business Development - LATAM, will be responsible identifying new opportunities to sell Genius Sport's full suite of digital marketing’s services to the Igaming industry.
- Maximise new business development opportunities from Igaming clients based across the whole of LATAM
- Clearly convey Genius Sport's Digital Marketing and Fan Engagement portfolio to new clients.
- Negotiate new Digital Marketing and Fan Engagement product contracts
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with Senior marketing decision makers and their agencies within the Igaming industry
- Attend industry conferences and events to seek out new business opportunities.
- Work closely with Genius Sport's account management team to ensure all up-sell opportunities are maximised within your personally generated portfolio of clients
- Maintain an active pipeline that is visible to the wider media and Fan engagement team
- Provide when requested reports detailing all new business successes and future strategies to grow revenue across your territories
- Work towards exceeding your personal new business revenue targets
- 3 years + experience in a technology or advertising company selling marketing software and/or marketing services
- Preferred, not required: Prior book of business with key brands, or clientele, in one (or more) of the following areas: iGaming and/or betting.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish. Speaking Portuguese in addition to this would be a bonus but is not essential.
- A good understanding of the digital advertising landscape: Ad serving, Programmatic media buying, DSPs, DMPs, DCO
- Understanding of overall marketing practices.
- Understanding and interest in Sports would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication, Presentation and Interpersonal Skills
- A proven track record of successfully over-achieving sales targets
- Willingness to travel as needed for client meetings
We have a work-hard, play hard culture at Genius Sports. We have many social events going on throughout the year such as, summer and Christmas parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, birthday celebrations, food vouchers, charity days and wellbeing actives. Health insurance coverage, skills training opportunities and many others depending on location are part of our benefits list.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)