Client Strategy Manager
Genius Sports Media Commercial / London, England, United Kingdom
A bit about us
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organizations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organizations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners.
MEDIA & ENGAGEMENT
We help brands and publishers engage and monetize sports fans with personalized campaigns and content they will love.
We are looking for a Client Strategy Manager who is passionate about the intersection of sports & technology to join the Client Strategy & Implementation team in London. This person will be responsible for working with our Tier 1 clients to acquire, engage, and monetize their users. Utilizing the Genius suite of Media & Engagement products & services across free-to-play, media sales and data driven personalized content to achieve this.
To be successful in this role you will need to create custom digital engagement strategies that drive optimal revenue, data capture, engagement, and lead generation opportunities for our clients - who consist of Sporting Leagues & Teams, Publishers & Broadcasters, Brands and Sportsbook. You will also be required to work with the delivery team (product, technology and design) to oversee the implementation of these digital strategies. A successful candidate will have experience in product, technology, sport and free-to-play.
- Assist in the creation of custom, digital fan engagement strategies for our top tier partners in the sports industry utilizing Genius Sports suite of technology. Which includes but is not limited to; running workshops with partners to understand their KPIs and strategic advantages, utilizing your expert knowledge to create optimal digital engagement strategies, delivering this to our partners in a consolidated presentation, iterating as required.
- Oversee the onboarding of new partners to the product and delivery team ensuring the strategy is implemented as agreed and to a high standard, ensuring the business has sufficient time and resources to implement successfully.
- Proactively fostering strong relationships with our existing clients, working with account managers to identify areas of improved performance and account growth
- Assist the sales team in providing strategic thinking and governance over business development approaches in order to ensure that the sales team is approaching the organization’s business development goals in a systematic and strategic manner, and presenting the Genius Sports digital sports product suite in a way that is applicable to the clients needs
- Assist in the creation and optimization of internal processes, acting as a project manager to own and deliver these key initiatives as well as providing coaching and mentoring to staff
- Prepare presentations, proposals, statements of work and RFP responses.
- 3+ years experience in one or more of the following - technology, sports, product, strategy
- Have experience in direct to consumer digital products (ideally free-to-play)
- Have a strong understanding of the client life cycle and how to drive value throughout
- Experienced in strategic project management - ideation, validation, iteration and development
- High level of communication skills and excellent pitching qualities
- Ability to build relationships offering a consultative approach to partners.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally.
- Strong analytical and strategic planning background.
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Passionate mind set and drive for success.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and negotiate at various levels to obtain decision maker buy-in.
- Excellent team player qualities.
- Fan of sports and digital fan engagement
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are currently using virtual hiring processes in some locations, so that we can continue hiring great people whilst being mindful of the health of everyone involved in the recruitment process. Please therefore be aware that, among other things, interviews may take place by phone or video, and some new hires may need to be onboarded remotely (e.g. where access to office space is currently restricted). Our Talent Acquisition team will be able to advise of arrangements in relation to specific roles, so please reach out to them with any questions.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)