SOX Manager - Sports Tech
Finance / London, England, United Kingdom
A Bit About Us
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organisations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners.
What We Do
Data capture, management and analysis tools that help leagues run their sport, unlock new revenue streams, and protect the integrity of their competitions.
Fully automated streaming technology, production and distribution services that help showcase sports to the world.
Everything a sportsbook operator needs to manage their operation and grow profits – all powered by the finest live sports data available.
Media & Engagement
We help brands and publishers engage and monetise sports fans with personalised campaigns and content they will love.
Join a newly established team where your extensive internal controls background can make a strong impact to a rapidly growing, global, sports data and technology company recently listed on the NYSE.
The Internal Controls Manager will play a vital role in advising the business on appropriate business process and IT controls. This is a hands-on role with two direct reports and reports to the Director of SOX and Internal Controls. This is a unique opportunity to put your own stamp on the SOX Program as we transition from a co-source to an in-house model.
The Internal Controls Manager will take a lead role in overall SOX program management (business process and IT). As part of the SOX and Internal Controls Team, the Internal Controls Manager may also assist with the IT SOX Assessment and the establishment of the Internal Audit function.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute all phases of SOX compliance
- Update the scoping and risk assessment
- Update SOX documentation, including risk and controls matrices and process flowcharts, and evaluate controls as new systems are developed or processes change
- Ensure that controls are properly designed for all in scope processes and global entities
- Perform SOX testing including design & operating effectiveness testing, remediation test work, and roll forward testing
- Review workpapers of the SOX Team (non-IT)
- Advise on best practice automation of business controls
- Provide technical guidance and advice to control owners for remediation of internal control gaps
- Ensure any internal control gaps are remediated and re-tested by year-end
- Track and monitor overall SOX assessment status for monthly and quarterly reporting to senior management. Ensure all SOX deliverables and deadlines are met
- Coordinate with external auditors on the annual SOX testing plan
- Provide internal controls training to control owners
- Perform limited assurance internal controls testing at non-SOX entities
- Mentor and develop talent of the SOX Team
- Big 4 experience with internal audit background with a strong focus on SOX and internal controls
- Solid understanding of SOX and internal control concepts (e.g., COSO, COBIT)
- Strong written and inter-personal skills
- Multi-client, commerce experience
- Proven ability to lead audits and manage audit teams
- Advanced Excel and Visio skills
- International experience
- Education and Qualifications
- ACA, CPA, or equivalent certification
- Degree in finance, accounting, or business
- Workday ERP experience
- Experience of using data analytics tools to support computer assisted audit techniques (e.g., ACL or SAS)
- Tech industry experience
- Knowledge of COBIT, ITIL,and ISO 27001
This role is eligible for individual sponsorship for the right candidate
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are currently using virtual hiring processes in some locations, so that we can continue hiring great people whilst being mindful of the health of everyone involved in the recruitment process. Please therefore be aware that, among other things, interviews may take place by phone or video, and some new hires may need to be onboarded remotely (e.g. where access to office space is currently restricted). Our Talent Acquisition team will be able to advise of arrangements in relation to specific roles, so please reach out to them with any questions.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)