Frontend Software Engineer (Remote)
Delivery - Sofia / Sofia, Bulgaria
A Bit About Us
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organisations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners.
What We Do
Data capture, management and analysis tools that help leagues run their sport, unlock new revenue streams, and protect the integrity of their competitions.
Fully automated streaming technology, production and distribution services that help showcase sports to the world.
Everything a sportsbook operator needs to manage their operation and grow profits – all powered by the finest live sports data available.
- Media & Engagement
We help brands and publishers engage and monetise sports fans with personalised campaigns and content they will love.
This vacancy is a perfect match for a person who enjoys finding innovative solutions to technical challenges with opportunities to contribute broadly in a dynamic and collaborative team-based environment.
- Maintain a good level of technical quality
- Make sure Definition of Done is followed
- Advise team on best development practices and processes
- Help supervise technology stack of the team:
- Encourage the team to explore new technologies
- Supervise technical solutions:
- Identify and help the team to remove technical impediments
- Ensure a sufficient technical level of solution
- Accountable for facilitating cross-team technical discussions about dependencies
- Provide tech guidance and expertise to developers
- Bug & incident process implementation
- Continuous improvement
- Tech release management
- Add testing where suitable
- Assist with devops work
- Understanding of SOLID principles
- Good understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Unit testing, component testing, GUI testing
- HTML5/CSS3, LESS or SASS
- Unit and integration testing/Test automation
- Full software life-cycle experience working on complex products within Agile environments
- Enthusiasm and ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience in performance monitoring
- NPM, Babel, Webpack
- CI pipelines setup
- AWS (EC2, S3, CloudFormation)
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Experience working in a collaborative team (Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Other Technologies and Tools: Bash, Jira
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)