Assistant Internal Audit (SOX) Manager – Sports Tech
Finance & Accounting / London, England, United Kingdom
Genius Sports Group is one of the world’s largest sports technology companies, specializing in the capture, distribution and commercialization of live data, streams and digital content. We work in partnership with the biggest names in sports, betting and media to power a global ecosystem that benefits every stakeholder. Headquartered in London, we have offices in New York, Medellin, Tallinn, Sofia, Vilnius, Lausanne, Italy and Singapore, which are home to over 1,400 of our talented employees.
GENIUS SPORTS GROUP
As the parent company of our business, Genius Sports Group is a truly global operation, spanning several continents and serving a wide variety of sectors. From immersive statistical content to live betting and sports marketing services, our technology powers groundbreaking fan experiences that deliver value to all stakeholders across sports, media and gaming.
This is a unique opportunity to join a passionate and high calibre team and influence the direction of Genius Sports Internal Audit.
Reporting to the SOX Program Manager, the Assistant Internal Audit Manager will be a hands-on manager that will assist in global SOX program management. While testing some of the more complex
processes, you may also lead and review the work of junior staff. You will be an internal controls SME and assist global control owners to understand SOX requirements and advise on best practices.
Your internal controls advisory skill set will be valued with new entities coming into scope and new system implementations. You will also have the opportunity to audit IT General Controls and perform operational audits.
Assist to plan, coordinate, and execute all phases of SOX compliance.
- Update the scoping and risk assessment.
- Update SOX documentation, including risk and controls matrices and process flowcharts, and evaluate controls as new systems are developed or processes change.
- Ensure that controls are properly designed for all in scope processes and global entities.
- Perform SOX testing including design & operating effectiveness testing, remediation testwork, and rollforward testing.
- Review workpapers.
- Advise on best practice automation of business controls.
- Provide technical guidance and advice to control owners for remediation of internal control gaps.
- Ensure any internal control gaps are remediated and re-tested by year-end.
- Track and monitor overall SOX assessment status for monthly and quarterly reporting to senior management. Ensure all SOX deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Coordinate with external auditors on the annual SOX testing plan.
- Provide internal controls training to control owners.
- Perform limited assurance internal controls testing at non-SOX entities.
- Mentor and develop talent of the Internal Controls Team.
- Big 4 external or internal audit background with a strong focus on SOX and internal controls.
- Solid understanding of SOX and internal control concepts (e.g., COSO, COBIT).
- Strong written and inter-personal skills.
- Multi-client, commerce experience.
- Proven ability to lead audits and manage audit teams.
- Advanced Excel and Visio skills.
- International experience.
Education and Qualifications
- ACA, CPA, or equivalent certification.
- Degree in finance, accounting, or business.
- Workday ERP experience.
- Experience of using data analytics tools to support computer assisted audit techniques (e.g., ACL or SAS).
- Knowledge of COBIT, ITIL, and ISO 27001.
- Tech industry experience.
This role is a Hybrid opportunity that requires 3 days a week (with some flexibility) in our Holborn office. We are able to offer individual Sponsorship for the right candidate but unable to cover relocation costs.
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are currently using virtual hiring processes in some locations, so that we can continue hiring great people whilst being mindful of the health of everyone involved in the recruitment process. Please therefore be aware that, among other things, interviews may take place by phone or video, and some new hires may need to be onboarded remotely (e.g. where access to office space is currently restricted). Our Talent Acquisition team will be able to advise of arrangements in relation to specific roles, so please reach out to them with any questions.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)