Heineken drives sales with data-driven video ads
As an official partner of UEFA Euro 2020, Heineken wanted to engage UK sports fans with data-driven video content across social media, during live matches.
After a one-year delay to the tournament, fan excitement was at fever pitch and Heineken saw an opportunity to latch on to the buzz to drive table bookings at pubs and bars.
- Drive bookings by running Euro 2020-led social media ads
- Engage fans during key live moments like goals and the half-time whistle
- Create dynamic video ads that stood out in fan's social feeds
Via our SaaS-based solution, Heineken delivered contextual live messages to fans across social, related to the real-time game action.
On the eve of kick-off dynamic countdown components within creative helped drive awareness and encourage fans to book a table through its Matchpint app.
To prevent ad fatigue, Heineken differentiated its creative design with new backgrounds (from stadiums to pub settings) and fresh sports -led messaging.
It used live sports data to engage fans and capture the tournament excitement, embedding dynamic flag imagery into creative ads that were targeted across social.
Heineken delivered over 500 unique videos across both feed and stories placements, reaching over 16 million users.
- 183% higher CTR vs brand benchmarks
- 16% lower CPM v brand benchmarks
- 2x higher brand association, according to a Facebook Brand Study
“Genius Sports' platform continues to be instrumental in driving results far beyond our expectations; including an 180% increase in CTR for our Euros campaign.”
Jimmy Hughes, Social Lead, Heineken UK