Client Delivery Manager - Fan Engagement
Commercial / New York, United States
A bit about us
Do you want to join one of the world’s fastest growing sports technology companies?
Genius Sports is at the epicentre of the global network connecting sports, brands and fans through official live data. Our mission is simple. We champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and ambitious people to join our talented team.
If you see yourself becoming part of a global family building the future of sports entertainment together, then come and grow with us.
We put trust in our people to deliver the difference for our clients around the world. It’s why many of the world’s largest leagues & federations such as the NFL, English Premier League, FIBA and NCAA choose to work with Genius Sports.
We help brands and media organisations engage and monetise sports fans with next-generation digital advertising, content and broadcast services. Whether it’s running marketing campaigns on behalf of sports teams or brands or working with leagues to create personalised experiences for their fans, we are pushing the boundaries of sports entertainment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing product scope & deliverables against key milestones and minimising scope creep
- Prioritising product quality and stability and planning for and mitigating all risks during product build phase and throughout the lifecycle of product
- Internal and external stakeholder management throughout the product lifecycle, coordinating resources and leading the project team through the delivery and beyond
Product Strategy & Ideation:
- Having a deep understanding of Free-to-play product offerings and the ability to use this to define robust custom solutions for our prospective and existing clients
- Ability to document solutions in order to gather accurate estimates from all internal resources required to execute the work
- Pulling together Resource Plans with estimates to cost up products and projects including costs of initial build, rollovers and product maintenance
- Contributing to Statement of Works and Proposals with product descriptions and user stories, timeframes, assumptions and exclusions in order to set the Delivery team up for success
Product Delivery / Project Management:
- Once a deal is won, taking on the product build from the Bus Dev team and setting it up to be delivered according to the documented Delivery Methodology
- Working with the Account Manager and serving as a primary point of contact for the client throughout the lifecycle of the product & making them feel as though you are in control of all aspects as well as making them aware of all deliverables on their end by providing regular updates via PSR & maintaining a client facing risk register
- Scheduling appropriate resources required to deliver the work & continuously managing this as the project goes on with Resource Management and Float
- Maintaining a strict, client facing timeline that clearly outlines all deliverables, dependencies, milestones & key dates - making sure this timeline is adhered to by the client and is visible to all stakeholders internally
- Working with designers on wireframes & look and feel of products and facilitating client feedback and sign off
- Documenting product requirements and acceptance criteria for developers in Confluence & working closely with tech leads and developers to ensure scope is clearly defined and achievable
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 1-3 years of delivery experience in Project/Product Management within an agency or product supplier environment. Sports technology is a bonus!
- Experience in managing and interacting with multiple Tier 1-3 clients -ideally across multiple time zones
- Ability to confidently and calmy manage competing priorities
- Experience in time, resource, and scope management to ensure products are delivered on time, within budget and scope
- Manage and communicate effectively to multiple internal and external stakeholders, including, but not limited to CDMs (Client Delivery Manager), Technical Project Managers, Developers, Designers, Support, QA, Account Managers, Business Development, external clients, and their service providers
- Confidence in escalating issues or blockers when they arise
- Strong technical knowledge across web, apps, APIs, data feeds. Don’t worry – you won’t be expected to code!
- A knowledge and passion for all things sport, and how technology can help improve the fan experience
- Ability to effectively problem solve and brief relevant members in your team in a concise manner to achieve desired outcomes
- Ideally you have experience within multiple delivery and project management frameworks such as waterfall, agile, scrum, kanban
- Experience using project management tools such as Confluence, Jira, Slack
- An advantage if you can use, administer, and/or navigate other tools such as Mailgun, analytics, Smartsheet, Figma, Float, and other related tools as required
- Ability and willingness to work unusual hours given the nature of the sports industry
- Experience and knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this role is based on an annualized salary of up to $80,000. This role will also be eligible to take part in Genius Sports Group's benefits plan.
Our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on the location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
How we work
We have adapted a forward-thinking ‘Ways of Working’ framework, which sets out (amongst other things) the opportunities for Geniuses to work flexibly, remotely and on working holidays. It affects different teams and locations differently, so please ask for further information in how it would work with this role.
Our employees are empowered to stretch the boundaries of what’s achievable, always reaching further and pushing the edges to see what gives. We collaborate, we innovate, and we celebrate. We will continue to grow as an organisation and continue to invest in our highly talented and diverse team of Geniuses.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, different abilities or disability, gender identity or re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other applicable status). Please let us know when you apply if you need any assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability.