Delivery and Engineering Manager
Software Engineering / Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia
A bit about us
Do you want to join one of the world’s fastest growing sports technology companies?
Genius Sports is at the epicentre of the global network connecting sports, brands and fans through official live data. Our mission is simple. We champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and ambitious people to join our talented team.
If you see yourself becoming part of a global family building the future of sports entertainment together, then come and grow with us.
We put trust in our people to deliver the difference for our clients around the world. It’s why many of the world’s largest leagues & federations such as the NFL, English Premier League, FIBA and NCAA choose to work with Genius Sports.
As a Delivery and Engineering Manager you will take responsibility for the technical implementation of your divisional area's commercial strategy working closely with your Delivery Director and Principal Engineer to deliver this in line with the overall division and group technical strategy. You will coach your teams in best software development practice and pro-actively review key technical decisions. You will be accountable for the quality of the software that your teams deliver.
Duties and responsibilities
- Architectural oversight of software products ensuring design decisions align with the Product and Technical Vision
- Systems are designed with appropriate fault-tolerance, scalability, cost and performance
- Champion software engineering best practices within your teams
- Encourage an API first approach using considered abstractions to encapsulate complexity and avoid domain leakage
- Develop modular components with high cohesion and low coupling for extensibility and maintainability
- Leverage appropriate technologies to accelerate the delivery of business value
- Manage technical debt
- Proactive management of technical risks
- Apply Observability Engineering principles and actively monitor to find potential problems early before customers are negatively impacted
- Lead Incident Response and oversee post-mortems to identify root causes and learnings
- Develop innovative, exciting products and features in close collaboration with the Product Team and act as a champion for your teams' accomplishments.
- Accountable for the Security of the software you are responsible for and its operating environment
- Identify, raise awareness, and find solutions for systemic problems in the product architecture and delivery team
- Build strength and depth in your engineering teams, fostering a culture of continual improvement and helping ensure good decisions are being made with the right level of context and support
- Actively contributes to and leads hiring decisions to ensure the right people are brought into the organization
- Develops processes and programs to solve ongoing organizational problems
- Previous experience on a similar role with proven track record of making a successful impact on the business
- Innovation and forward thinking to ensure we stay ahead of technology curves
- Broad and deep understanding of software technologies including programming languages, communication technologies (HTTPS REST, Messaging etc.), databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Understanding of DevSecOps, CI/CD, Containerisation and Orchestration, Observability Engineering
- Good programming skills in at least one language with a passion for software development
- Excellent Communication Skills, capable of adjusting to the needs of the audience
- Strong analytical skills with enthusiasm to build an in-depth domain knowledge of the business and the products you are developing
- Designs complex systems that use appropriate techniques to deliver scalability, high availability and performance
- Is able to find optimal solutions to ambiguous, nuanced system-level problems
- Can adapt approach as needed in a fast-moving environment
What’s in it for you?
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on the location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
How we work
We have adapted a forward-thinking ‘Ways of Working’ framework, which sets out (amongst other things) the opportunities for Geniuses to work flexibly, remotely and on working holidays. It affects different teams and locations differently, so please ask for further information how it would work with this role.
Our employees are empowered to stretch the boundaries of what’s achievable, always reaching further and pushing the edges to see what gives. We collaborate, we innovate, and we celebrate. We will continue to grow as an organisation and continue to invest in our highly talented and diverse team of Geniuses.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, different abilities or disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other applicable status). Please let us know when you apply if you need any assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability.