Corporate Development & Investor Relations Analyst
Commercial / New York, United States
Genius Sports Group has grown rapidly since our listing on the NYSE in April 2021 and today, is in a position to leverage its global footprint and financial scale to benefit from numerous business and strategic opportunities that arise from the sports betting and media landscape. The Corporate Development & Investor Relations Analyst will report into our Capital Markets / Investor Relations function and work with stakeholders in the business to help manage our existing investor relations, and future capital markets transactions, including capital raises, strategic investments and M&A, and assist in the development and communication of the broader business strategy.
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and broadcast partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, creating highly immersive products that enrich fan experiences for the entire sports industry.
We are the trusted partner to over 400 sports organizations, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, EPL, FIBA, NCAA, NASCAR, AFA and Liga MX.
Genius Sports is uniquely positioned through cutting-edge technology, scale and global reach to support our partners. Our innovative use of big data, computer vision, machine learning, and augmented reality, connects the entire sports ecosystem from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
The Corporate Development & Investor Relations Analyst will perform the services as required of the position and/or such other duties, functions and responsibilities as the Company may reasonably require from time to time as the business continues to develop and grow. We envisage that primary workstreams will include:
- Investor Relations: help manage the day-to-day workstreams associated with the Company’s investor relations efforts, including preparation for investor meetings, assistance in drafting quarterly earnings materials, review of sell-side analyst models, coordination of investor/analyst days, active participation in buy-side/sell-side calls, and general housekeeping, including the opportunity to manage the Company’s CRM approach to investor relations.
- Capital Markets: help drive the Company’s future capital raising efforts, including coordination among the Company, Board, underwriting banks, counsel, auditors, and other shareholders. Build and maintain a regular cadence of market and trading analysis, to be shared with C-suite regularly. Work with key stakeholders to help craft our equity story and key messaging to the market and develop a long-term plan to ensure that the business is adequately capitalized to pursue future M&A activity and strategic investments
- M&A, Strategic Investments, and Other Related Activities: help manage the preparation of materials related to Board meetings, strategy days, and other topics that arise from time to time. These can include preparation of industry deep dives, competitive analysis, due diligence on M&A or other strategic investments
- Corporate Development and Strategic Initiatives: actively participate in business planning sessions to assist executive management team in developing and defining business strategies, produce presentations to clearly outline strategic objectives, and effectively communicate strategy to internal and external stakeholders, including management teams across the organization, Board of Directors, investors, research analysts, etc.
Attributes and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of relevant experience gained within corporate development, investor relations, consulting, investment banking, buy-side or sell-side equity research, private equity and/or venture capital, preferably in software/tech/information services or a related industry. Other backgrounds will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Demonstrated ability to understand financial and technology drivers and the sports, sports media, and sports data landscape. Strong quantitative and analytical abilities; proficient in financial modelling, valuation and business case building. Innate ability to see the bigger picture and to quickly pivot to act on changing demands in terms of business strategy and/or changes in the market.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with key stakeholders, both internally and externally. Able to build rapport and relationships quickly and effectively with a wide range of investors, analysts and other relevant counterparties.
- Ability to effectively manage projects all the way through the transaction lifecycle. Results-oriented, and willing to roll up the sleeves and get stuck in in order to accomplish necessary tasks.
What's in it for you?
The salary for this role is based on an annualized package of up to $80,000. This role will also be eligible to take part in Genius Sports Group's benefits plan. For more details on the compensation and benefits package, please get in touch with our Talent team.
Our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on the location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
How we work
We have adapted a forward-thinking ‘Ways of Working’ framework, which sets out (amongst other things) the opportunities for Geniuses to work flexibly, remotely and on working holidays. It affects different teams and locations differently, so please ask for further information in how it would work with this role.
Our employees are empowered to stretch the boundaries of what’s achievable, always reaching further and pushing the edges to see what gives. We collaborate, we innovate, and we celebrate. We will continue to grow as an organisation and continue to invest in our highly talented and diverse team of Geniuses.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, different abilities or disability, gender identity or re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other applicable status). Please let us know when you apply if you need any assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability.