Business Development Manager - Sportsbook
Commercial / Remote - Brazil
A bit about us
Do you want to join one of the world’s fastest growing sports technology companies?
Genius Sports is at the epicentre of the global network connecting sports, brands and fans through official live data. Our mission is simple. We champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and ambitious people to join our talented team.
If you see yourself becoming part of a global family building the future of sports entertainment together, then come and grow with us.
We put trust in our people to deliver the difference for our clients around the world. It’s why many of the world’s largest leagues & federations such as the NFL, English Premier League, FIBA and NCAA choose to work with Genius Sports.
The role holder needs excellent knowledge of the betting industry in the region combined with a strong LATAM contact book. They will have a proven track record of consistently achieving challenging sales targets and will need to demonstrate an ability to discover and understand client requirements and match products and services to those requirements.
They will be required to immerse themselves within the industry and to understand all technological and regulatory developments.
They need to demonstrate an ability to think creatively with regard to commercial arrangements and have excellent numerical, written and presentation skills.
- Maximizing new sales opportunities in the betting industry.
- Assisting to grow and maintain existing LATAM relationships.
- Cross sell Genius Sports products across its verticals.
- Identifying new LATAM opportunities for sale of our services
- Provide strategic commercial planning.
- Attending client meetings and LATAM conferences
This will entail:
- A 100% commercial focus
- Betting sales activity within the LATAM region
- Good understanding of Sport industry.
- Compile full market research report on other LATAM territories of interest, number and names of operators etc
- Provide fortnightly progress reports on conversations, new entrants to market and updates on key players in betting market
- Maintaining existing relationships with current customers in region
- Effective use of sales tools (i.e. Salesforce and Power BI)
Key Relationships & Interactions
- Active participation in targeted Industry Groups and Events
- Sports Betting Operators, Platform Providers and Regulators
Qualifications & Experience Desired
- Must have no less than 3 years of existing experience/ knowledge of the LATAM betting industry.
- Commercial graduate (or higher) level qualification
- A track record of successfully over-achieving sales.
- Strong existing relationships and experience in betting and media industries within LATAM
- Experience in conducting and negotiating commercial agreements, often resolving conflicting needs of respective parties.
- A clear priority in providing excellence in customer service.
- Relationship management and strong networking skills
- End-to-end sales cycle management in a B2B environment
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills as well as high quality attention to detail
- Driven and independent individual with the proven ability to problem solve and drive issues through to a timely resolution.
- Languages required: English and Spanish
Skills & Abilities
- Proven networking and relationship building skills, with a strong capacity to influence others
- Ability to influence partners and key stakeholders in order to pave the way for technically complex negotiations around progressive initiatives in the sports technology, betting, data and media space
- Outstanding (written and verbal) communication, negotiation and presentation skills and a strong presence. With the ability to communicate at all levels – in particular to present at board level
- Knowledge of the sports and betting industry
- Driven individual who can demonstrate a desire to over achieve with the ability to open doors with new prospects and upsell to existing ones
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mind-set
- Excellent organizational, numerical and analytical skills as well as high quality attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal abilities and a team player
- Proven ability to problem solve, and drive issues through to a timely resolution
- Willingness to travel internationally (sometimes at short notice)
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities and demands, whilst staying focused to achieve business goals and KPIs
- Ability to pro-actively recognize and prepare for opportunities borne by new and emerging market and technology developments
- Ability to identify and champion opportunities from market scanning and/or unmet customer needs
What’s in it for you?
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on the location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
How we work
We have adapted a forward-thinking ‘Ways of Working’ framework, which sets out (amongst other things) the opportunities for Geniuses to work flexibly, remotely and on working holidays. It affects different teams and locations differently, so please ask for further information in how it would work with this role.
Our employees are empowered to stretch the boundaries of what’s achievable, always reaching further and pushing the edges to see what gives. We collaborate, we innovate, and we celebrate. We will continue to grow as an organisation and continue to invest in our highly talented and diverse team of Geniuses.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, different abilities or disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other applicable status). Please let us know when you apply if you need any assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability.