Account Manager - Fan Engagement (Free to Play)
Commercial / Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
A bit about us
Do you want to join one of the world’s fastest growing sports technology companies?
Genius Sports is at the epicentre of the global network connecting sports, brands and fans through official live data. Our mission is simple. We champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and ambitious people to join our talented team.
If you see yourself becoming part of a global family building the future of sports entertainment together, then come and grow with us.
We put trust in our people to deliver the difference for our clients around the world. It’s why many of the world’s largest leagues & federations such as the NFL, English Premier League, FIBA and NCAA choose to work with Genius Sports.
We help brands and media organisations engage and monetise sports fans with next-generation digital advertising, content and broadcast services. Whether it’s running marketing campaigns on behalf of sports teams or brands or working with leagues to create personalised experiences for their fans, we are pushing the boundaries of sports entertainment.
We are looking for an Account Manager who is passionate about the intersection of sports & technology to join the Media & Fan Engagement team in Melbourne. This person will be responsible for working with our clients in APAC to acquire, engage, and monetise their users. Utilising the Genius suite of Media & Engagement products and services across free-to-play, media sales and data driven personalised content to achieve this.To be successful in this role, you will need to acquire and maintain a strong understanding of the Clients strategy for our products and how we can maximise the effectiveness of that strategy for the client. Additionally, you will work with the client to grow and enhance the suite of Genius Media products that they licence from us. You will also be required to work with the delivery team (product, technology and design) to oversee the implementation of these digital strategies. A successful candidate will have experience in product & technology, sport and free-to-play.
- Acquire and maintain a strong understanding of the Clients strategy for our products and how we can maximise the effectiveness of that strategy for the client
- Work with the client to grow and enhance the suite of Genius Media products that they licence from us and in turn growing the revenue generated from the partnership, whether through change request quotes for small improvements or new licence fees for new products & significant feature upgrades
- Assist the client in understanding & maximising the benefits that the entire Genius product suite can provide them
- Represent the client during the product lifecycle to ensure we are holding ourselves accountable to key milestones & meeting expectations
- Maintain strong client relationships and serve as the escalation point for the client
- Maintain visibility of the overall ongoing delivery and operations of the products, help to identify risks, and work together with the product manager to plan for and mitigate these
- Join and contribute to Weekly Status Meetings with the client when required, i.e.: timeline shifting, scope discussions
- Provide support to the Client Delivery Manager with difficult conversations or expectation setting with the client where required
- Assist with client management during key time periods allowing the Client Delivery Manager to focus on delivering the product
- Support the Client Delivery Manager when new opportunities are identified in creating Change of Scope documents and managing the sales process, as well as prioritisation and management of additional scope
- Seek to cross sell Genius products across Media and Engagement clients, working with the relevant AM or stakeholders for customers in question.
- Work closely with new business to help onboard new clients so transition to Account Management is seamless and pain free for client
- Assist Business Development where needed to sign on new clients, including helping with decks, getting estimates and costs together and putting together proposals
- Work with your line manager and key internal stakeholders where relevant to define clear long & mid- term strategies for each client
- Work alongside Account Management in EMEA and APAC to standardize and constantly improve processes, particularly as the team grows and to avoid growing pains before they arise.
- 3 years plus experience in Client facing experience - account management, customer success etc required
- Experience working in Fan Engagement/ Free to Play
- Proven ability to up-sell and cross-sell to clients
- Experience working with technology products and an understanding of digital product development
- Excellent communication skills in speech and writing
- Commercial acumen
- Strong analytical skills and uncompromising attention to detail
- Ability to clearly prioritize work in a proactive manner across multiple stakeholders and remain flexible in a changing environment
- A keen interest in sports and technology
What’s in it for you?
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on the location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
How we work
We have adapted a forward-thinking ‘Ways of Working’ framework, which sets out (amongst other things) the opportunities for Geniuses to work flexibly, remotely and on working holidays. It affects different teams and locations differently, so please ask for further information in how it would work with this role.
Our employees are empowered to stretch the boundaries of what’s achievable, always reaching further and pushing the edges to see what gives. We collaborate, we innovate, and we celebrate. We will continue to grow as an organisation and continue to invest in our highly talented and diverse team of Geniuses.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, different abilities or disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other applicable status). Please let us know when you apply if you need any assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability.