Business Development Manager - Media and Engagement
Commercial / London, England, United Kingdom
A bit about us
Do you want to join one of the world’s fastest growing sports technology companies?
Genius Sports is at the epicentre of the global network connecting sports, brands and fans through official live data. Our mission is simple. We champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and ambitious people to join our talented team.
If you see yourself becoming part of a global family building the future of sports entertainment together, then come and grow with us.
We put trust in our people to deliver the difference for our clients around the world. It’s why many of the world’s largest leagues & federations such as the NFL, English Premier League, FIBA and NCAA choose to work with Genius Sports.
Media and Engagement
We help brands and media organisations engage and monetise sports fans with next-generation digital advertising, content and broadcast services. Whether it’s running marketing campaigns on behalf of sports teams or brands or working with leagues to create personalised experiences for their fans, we are pushing the boundaries of sports entertainment.
Reporting into the Head of Sales, EMEA, the Business Development Manager - EMEA, will be responsible identifying new opportunities to sell Genius Sport's full suite of digital marketing’s services to the Igaming industry.
- Maximise new business development opportunities from Igaming clients based in Europe across pre-defined territories
- Clearly convey Genius Sport's Digital Marketing and Fan Engagement portfolio to new clients.
- Negotiate new Digital Marketing and Fan Engagement product contracts
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with Senior marketing decision makers and their agencies within the Igaming industry
- Attend industry conferences and events to seek out new business opportunities.
- Work closely with Genius Sport's account management team to ensure all up-sell opportunities are maximised within your personally generated portfolio of clients
- Maintain an active pipeline that is visible to the wider media and Fan engagement team
- Provide when requested reports detailing all new business successes and future strategies to grow revenue across your territories
- Work towards exceeding your personal new business revenue targets
- 3 years + experience in a technology or advertising company selling marketing software and/or marketing service - we are particularly interested in programmatic experience
- A good understanding of the digital advertising landscape: Ad serving, Programmatic media buying, DSPs, DMPs, DCO
- Understanding of overall marketing practices.
- Understanding and interest in Sports would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication, Presentation and Interpersonal Skills
- A proven track record of successfully over-achieving sales targets
- Willingness to travel as needed for client meetings
- Preferred, not required: Prior book of business with key brands, or clientele, in one (or more) of the following areas: iGaming and/or betting
As well as a competitive salary, uncapped commission structure and annual leave allowance, our benefits include flexible working (3 days in the office), health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
How we work
We have adapted a forward-thinking ‘Ways of Working’ framework, which sets out (amongst other things) the opportunities for Geniuses to work flexibly, remotely and on working holidays. It affects different teams and locations differently, so please ask for further information in how it would work with this role.
Our employees are empowered to stretch the boundaries of what’s achievable, always reaching further and pushing the edges to see what gives. We collaborate, we innovate, and we celebrate. We will continue to grow as an organisation and continue to invest in our highly talented and diverse team of Geniuses.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, different abilities or disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other applicable status). Please let us know when you apply if you need any assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability.