Software Engineering / Sofia, Bulgaria
A Bit About Us
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organisations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners.
As a DevOps Engineer you will play a key role in working with our development teams on our main product. As part of our company, your primary responsibilities will include guiding developers in their journey to a cloud based environment, making sure teams gain knowledge in cloud infrastructure, and assisting with monitoring and supporting products. This vacancy is a perfect match for a person with a Full-Stack background who enjoys finding innovative solutions to technical challenges with opportunities to contribute broadly in a dynamic and collaborative team-based environment.
- Design and development of new solutions to aid development process and delivery
- Producing high quality, maintainable, monitored and tested infrastructure and solutions
- Troubleshooting and resolution of problems
- AWS cloud stack experience (ec2, networking, load balancing, vpcs, s3, lambdas)
- Infrastructure language (Terraform or Cloudformation)
- Understanding of Docker and container, orchestration and registry functionality
- CI and build automation
- Understanding of networking & networking protocols
- Sufficiently fluent in English that you can describe problems and solve them in collaboration with others
- At least one programming language (Java, Python, C# etc.)
- Excellent understanding of distributed version control (git)
- Understanding of monitoring and alerting systems
- Willingness to learn and explore new technologies
- Ideally Gitlab-ci, but also jenkins
- nagios, check_mk, influxdb, opsgenie
- Configuration management (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AWS Systems Manager)
- Linux system administration
- Service discovery (consul, etcd, zookeeper, others )
- Experience in developing software
- Logging and log analysis
- Serverless stack experience
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)