Business Continuity and Risk Coordinator
Business Operations / London, England, United Kingdom
A bit about us
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organisations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners.
- Working with risk owners to complete
- Risk assessment: Analysing current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the company
- Risk evaluation: Evaluating the company’s previous handling of risks, mitigation controls and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the company such as costs and legal requirements
- Reporting risk to the relevant audiences via different methods e.g., dashboards, reports, risk committee meetings etc. to ensuring business heads understand the risks that might affect their departments; ensuring individuals understand their own accountability for individual risks)
- Working with Group Internal Audit in sharing information needed to support their risk-based audit plan to test and provide assurance on risk control effectiveness
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and trainingwithin the company
- Ensuring the Group’s risk database is maintained with relevant risks across the business
- Assist in the maturity strategy of the Group’s ERM framework in the following (but not limited to) areas:
- ERM framework
- Risk Appetite and Testing of Controls
- Key Risk Indicators
- Developing Business Impact Analysis’ (BIA) with business and technical teams
- Working with business teams to ensure that business continuity and disaster recovery plans and procedures are fit for purpose, adequately maintained, and tested
- Building awareness and knowledge of Risk Management, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery throughout the organisation
- Ensuring BCM processes and related documentation are maintained documented to a high standard
- Coordinating business continuity tests, writing post test reports and ensuring any test issues are resolved to agreed timelines.
Reporting and Documentation
- Timely Report preparation for relevant risk meetings: Departmental, Risk Management Steering Group, Audit Committee and Board
- Minutes from meetings led by the Risk Management team to be captured
- Maintain relevant processes, reports, on relevant platforms such as SharePoint, Internal Web page
The ideal candidate should have the following experience and skills:
- An in-depth understanding and experience of Risk Management and Business Continuity Management
- Understanding/Awareness of ISO 31000 and ISO 22301 standards would be preferred
- Excellent organisation and coordination skills. Ideally experience of managing projects involving the interface of IT and business functions with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills
- Experience of creating and administering Business Impact Analysis’ and developing Business Continuity Plans in a technology led organisation
- Experience of IT Disaster Recovery plans and tests
- Experience developing incident response and crisis management plans
- Comfortable with using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience of using Signavio an advantage
- Knowledge of ISO 27001 would be ideal but not a must
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include flexible working (1- 2 days in office), health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)