Software Engineering / Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia
A Bit About Us
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organisations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners.
What We Do
Data capture, management and analysis tools that help leagues run their sport, unlock new revenue streams, and protect the integrity of their competitions.
Fully automated streaming technology, production and distribution services that help showcase sports to the world.
Everything a sportsbook operator needs to manage their operation and grow profits – all powered by the finest live sports data available.
- Media & Engagement
We help brands and publishers engage and monetise sports fans with personalised campaigns and content they will love.
Genius sports provides real-time sport related data to a large and demanding customer base comprising Sporting Associations, Sports Betting and Media companies. As a DevOps Engineer you will play a key role in supporting our development teams in developing and maintaining microservices. As part of our company, your primary responsibilities will include supporting and guiding developers in their journey to a cloud based environment, making sure teams gain knowledge in cloud infrastructure, and assisting with monitoring and supporting products. This vacancy is a perfect match for a person who enjoys finding innovative solutions to technical challenges with opportunities to contribute broadly in a dynamic and collaborative team-based environment.
- Linux system administration ( at least basic Windows administration is a bonus )
- Understanding of Docker and container, orchestration and registry functionality
- AWS cloud stack experience ( ec2, networking, load balancing, vpcs, s3, lambdas)
- Infrastructure language ( such as Cloudformation, Terraform )
- Understanding of monitoring and alerting systems
- CI and build automation
- Understanding of networking & networking protocols
- Sufficiently fluent in English that you can describe problems and solve them in collaboration with others
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment within a team
- Willingness to learn and explore new technologies
- Excellent understanding of distributed version control (git)
- Ideally Gitlab-ci, but also jenkins
- RabbitMQ, nagios, check_mk, TICK stack, opsgenie
- Configuration management ( Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AWS Systems Manager)
- Service discovery ( consul, etcd, zookeeper, others )
- At least one programming language excluding bash and powershell
- Experience in developing software
- Logging and log analysis
- Serverless stack experience
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)